Tuesday 13 March 2018

Some Good News

Yesterday I chased up my position on the ophthalmic waiting list with the hospital and they told me there was an appointment letter on its way, and today the letter turned up so they were obviously right! I am seeing the surgeon next Tuesday afternoon and I hope very much that he will be amenable to doing the necessary to restore my sight to something a lot closer to normal vision than what I experience just now. 

It's a bit scary but as I said to someone, this  is the only way forward so the sooner the better really. The optometrist worried me a bit with all his talk of possible complications and risk to reward ratios, which no-one said anything about when I had the other eye done, but hopefully the surgeon can put the little worries to rest and I can await the operation with a calm (ish) mind.  

3 comments: