Saturday 31 March 2018

Masterchef No More



It being spring Masterchef is back on our screens, but like Dancing on Ice before it, I'll watch until the end of this  series to see who wins and then call a halt. The main reason for my decision is this


Image result for greg wallace masterchef


I think that just abut sums up most of the things I find irritating in the extreme about Greg Wallace; most of the rest you would need a soundtrack for.

I hate the stupid faces he pulls and his stupid put on mirthless laugh, and I hate how he pesters and patronises the contestants. I'm constantly annoyed by how, when giving his opinions on the food that is served up, he simply repeats what the other more knowledgeable judges have said, but changes the wording slightly, presumably because he thinks that will disguise the fact that he has no opinion of his own. I'm sick and tired of is clichéd phrases, and I swear if I hear him say ''you've got the sweet earthiness of beetroot coming through there' once more I will throw something at the TV. As it is I shout at it (well raise my voice! I know they can't hear me) off and on all through the programmes, and generally it's when Greg opens his mouth to speak and I say 'No-one cares what you think Greg'. Because honestly - nobody does. I really don't know why he co-hosts htis program, he's not a chef, as far as I know he doesn't even cook, he's just a thrice bankrupt, thrice divorced bloke who knows a bit about vegetables. 

Anyway I can't take it any longer and my Masterchef watching days are over. I'll continue to watch Masterchef the Professionals because Wallace makes only fleeting appearances on that and when he does is largely kept in check by the infamous Marcus Wareing. But unchecked, full flight, giggling, gurning, groaning, ghastly Greg - no more for me, thanks. 

2 comments:

  1. I am unbelievably grateful not to have the foggiest as to who this person you write of actually is!! I have heard of the programme, which I understand it fairly popular amongst my fishtank viewing friends, but I do not think I have ever seen it, and I have no desire to change that. But I do love your reviews :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I used to fast-forward through Bruce Forsyth’s bits on Strictly. It didn’t remove his stupid, egotistical, vicious-but-let’s- pretend-it’s-funny comments and embarrassing facial expressions, because he would interrupt everyone else, but it helped. I used to shout that at the TV too 😉

    ReplyDelete