Tuesday 20 March 2018

New Things 2018No 1 /Baking Subscription March.

Yup, it's two for the price of one today. Obviously plans for enjoying ten new things in 2018 have been somewhat hampered by my limited ability to see but I have now managed one, courtesy of the baking subscription. 

And here it is


just to be clear, it's making a ganache. The OH has done this quite often, often enough to jeer at contestants on MKR Australia when they try, but I've never bothered. However, there it was on this month's recipe, so I made it. I did what it said to do on  the card, despite the OH's protestations that it was the 'wrong way' which basically means 'not the way I do it',  and it turned out fine; thick and glossy like it should be. . As you can see.  


The whole thing looked like this


I can't tell you how good it is as we haven't sampled it yet. We're off to Glasgow at the crack of dawn tomorrow and we're taking it with us so that son no 2 and his flat mate can share. Going on Wednesday and back on Friday, which  sounds, and possibly is, a bit mad. But there is something we don't want to miss tomorrow, and again on Thursday, we couldn't go today because of my hospital appointment and we're coming back Friday because we're trying to cut down on the time we ask other people, basically our friend J, to feed the cats. 

2 comments:

  1. ... and everyone knows that LOOKING at a yummy cake but not eating (yet) results in instant weight loss

    ReplyDelete