Sunday 25 March 2018

Eye Update

So I went to see the eye surgeon last Tuesday and he wasn't at all grumpy or abrupt as I had been told he was. Possibly a bit condescending, in a nice way, but hey! why shouldn't he be? He\s the one that knows about eyes. I'm just the patient who needs hers fixing. 

Anyway it was good news. He's quite happy to do the op in the left eye, so I'm waiting now for the summons to that. It's a scary prospect, particularly after what happened last time, but really, how unlucky would  I have to be for the machine to fail on me a second time? 

The right eye needed some laser treatment and I was rather disconcerted to discover that he intended to do that there and then. Probably better than giving me an appointment and having me go home and get all worked up about it though. It took about 30 seconds, I was promised an eyeful of floaters for a few days which was what I got but they have mostly resolved themselves now, just one medium sized one left that I hardly notice unless I move my eyes very rapidly indeed. On the upside the world is suddenly a much brighter lighter place and I can see lots more than I could! Still can't see to read properly but the op will take care of that and meanwhile the improvement has totally lifted my spirits, which had been getting very low. 

So All was Good.

And then on Wednesday morning we caught the early morning ferry for what we thought was going to be our madly busy two days in Glasgow ....

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, that sounds ominous 😉

    Huge congrats on the right eye - fingers crossed for the left! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic on the right eye!!

    ReplyDelete