Friday 23 January 2015

Under the Knife

So, on Wednesday I had an op. on my eye.

I knew it was coming, although I had been told it would probably be towards the end of March. So I was quite surprised to get  a letter on 12th Jan to say that it would be the 21st. I was torn between being upset at  not having enough time to psych myself up for it, and being pleased that my waiting and worrying time had been cut by a couple of months.
 
In the event what is billed as a routine operation turned out, due to an equipment failure half way through, to be fairly traumatic. Still in two minds about whether or not I'm glad I had it, but there again, my eye still hurts, it's still swollen and bloodshot and I can't see properly again yet. Once its all recovered I hope I'll be delighted.
 
As looking at a computer screen isn't the best thing for me to be doing just now, it will be a wee while before I'm back on the blog properly. But I will be back as soon as I can. 
 
Can't blog, can't knit, can't read - life's a bit hidebound just now. So frustrating, I was all ready to rant about Thomas Brodie Sangster too, but that will keep. I don't suppose I'll feel any more kindly towards him with the passing of time.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a speedy recovery, not least because I enjoy reading your blog so much.
    Best wishes
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh bless you! It's early days but so far so good and I honestly see an improvement each day so I hope 'normal service' will resume shortly.

    ReplyDelete