Wednesday 22 December 2021

Sock Renovation - and More Advents!

Years ago when my boys were small I made each of them a Christmas stocking. Goodness knows why, I was never much of a sewer. I must have seen the idea in a magazine and once I had made one for the older one obviously there had to be another for the younger one when he came along. Son No 1 took his to Canada with him, and as far as I know it is still used. Son No 2's is kept here and is definitely still used.

Over the years they've suffered from a bit of wear and tear. There were a lot of sequins on them and they do tend to fall off after a while and for several years I've been saying that I must do something about it. I hadn't the heart last year when son no 2 couldn't even come here for Christmas but this year I did make a start. That was last week and it was a bigger job than I had anticipated so I only got one side done. However the two of us buckled down this week with the result that the sock is now rejuvenated. And gaudy. I remember my mother saying that 'Good taste didn't really count for anything when it came to Christmas decorations' which is a comfort in the circumstances. 

Anyway here is side 1, which I did on my own


and before and after pictures of side 2



Advents - Day 18 


Yarn is Peter Kills the Wolf, and the stitch marker is another enamelled cat this time with a rose. 

Day 19 


The gnome came form my German advent swap. The yarn is called Edmund is Rescued.The stitch marker is a cute little bee and there was a badge with the advent logo on it. 

Day 20 


The yarn is called Deep Magic and the stitch marker is a small bead of a semi precious stone. Not sure what it is other than pale green! 

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the stockings - how lovely that they still use them!

    ReplyDelete