Monday 6 December 2021

Boosted! And Advents 5 and 6

Well yesterday was a very odd day. I had my Covid booster on Saturday; it was so busy, despite everyone being given an individual time to arrive, that the OH came to find me as I had disappeared into the hospital and not reappeared for almost an hour. Apparently a lot of people turn up when it's convenient for them and not when their appointment is,. which explains why the place was rammed when I arrived and practically empty by the time I left. They were also enforcing the 'sit down for 15 minutes before you leave afterwards' rule, which is the first time I've known that to happen. 

Anyway I had my booster and  all was fine until yesterday when I developed a very sore arm, fatigue and felt very cold.  The last two may be coincidental. I sleep very badly at the best of times so don't get enough sleep and it was a cold day. It did mean I had two useless arms though. My right arm is giving me  a lot of trouble, possibly because every time I rest it for a few days to help it get better, it starts feeling more or less OK and I start using it again, only for it to decide to protest. I blame the knitting on small circular needles, but who knows? anyway nothing was getting done yesterday that required lifting an arm any higher than just below shoulder level.

But enough of my aches and pains.Here's a picture of advent day 5 


I was a little bit disappointed with the yarn, colour The White Witch,  because to me it looked almost exactly the same as Day 4. Worked up it's more blue than Day 4, which is rather  greener and has more white in it, but it's still sad they had to come on adjacent days. I wasn't disappointed with the stitch marker though,                                                                                                                                                                                                         


And here is Day 6. I'd been waiting for 'Turkish Delight' to appear, and today was the day. As you can tell from the shadow on the photo it was sunny in Orkney this morning which means the wool looks a lot lighter in colour than it actually is. And in another colour coincidence the stitch marker was a similar colour to the yarn.. I loved todays SM, it may be my favourite so far. 


1 comment: