Monday 13 December 2021

A Finished Hat, Advent Day 13 and an old TV Gem

 Ta-dah! The hat is finished. It was a quick knit and I'm very happy with it. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy knitting hats. 



It was a three packet unwrap today for the advents. Sewing up needles from the German advent swap, another green bead stitch marker and a very pretty blue white and mauve mini skein called A Present for Peter.


On the subject of there being nothing to watch on TV, after my moans yesterday I was delighted to come across a real blast from the past on YouTube later on; the first episode of a BBC drama series from years ago called The Fourth Arm. Known affectionately in my family and among some friends' as the Fifth Leg it was set during World War 2 and was about an SOE operation to blow up a V2 storage facility. It starred two of my favourite actors and sadly never came out on DVD. It was a joy to revisit it, and it stood up relatively well to the modern eye and ear.I can only hope that whoever it was who uploaded episode one can find and upload the rest of the series. 



1 comment:

  1. I love coming across hidden gems like this on YouTube. It’s amazing what’s on there when you go digging!

    ReplyDelete