Friday 24 December 2021

It's Almost Christmas

 


Usually I put up a Christmassy picture on Christmas Eve; a wreath, a candle or a tree. Something a little different this year. 

A few months back in a weak moment when I was feeling very bleak I ordered a Christmas Eve Cast On box from an Indie dyer The Little Grey Girl. Fab website - have a gander)  It came a couple of days ago; a beautiful Nutcracker themed project bag with a skein of self striping wool and a contrasting mini skein. The clue to the intention is in the name; the idea is to cast on something new on Christmas Eve, when all the preparations for The Day have been made and you're just waiting. I doubt I'll do that, and when I cast on I won't be using the contrast mini skein with the self stripe either because it is too much of  a contrast for me. Which is not to say that it isn't a very beautiful colour and I shall use it in something else. 

Not different this year though - my thanks for reading, for responding, for occasionally getting in touch. Also not different - wherever you are and whatever your plans I wish you all a very happy Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment