Tuesday 16 July 2019

Seduced Again!

I made the mistake last week of looking in the window of the Craft Shop in Kirkwall. I'm usually safe, because they sell what some people refer to as 'commercial yarn', and although I've got nothing against that, quite the reverse in fact, I can resist it by reminding myself of all the special non-commercial yarn I have in my stash waiting to be knitted up. 

This time though there was a rather interesting new Batik yarn in the window; DK, in 200g balls and as I was looking for something to send to a friend I thought I'd pop in and see how much it was. I bought a ball for the friend - and  a different ball for me, because I just couldn't resist the colours. 

So that it didn't count as 'adding to the stash' I knitted it up straight away into a standard triangular garter stitch shawl with just a bit of an edging and I shall take it away with me when I go south tomorrow night. 

And here it is


I know, it looks like an envelope! But it's just a neatly folded shawl. And it was very calming to knit.

1 comment: