Wednesday 3 July 2019

More viva prep - of a sort

This is more to do with what I'm going to wear than anything else, which is basically the only thing that is, so far, properly prepared. I need to feel comfortable and I need to feel that whatever I'm wearing suits me, so with this in mind I was delighted to see that Seasalt, my current fave mail order clothing company had one of their very comfortable but stylish sweatshirt tunics in the sale, in my size, and in one of my 'best colours'. They call it Dark Satsuma, but I just call it orange.

When it came I decided that it needed a little something to take away the plainness of the front so I dived into my wool stash, had a brief but focussed search in the Ravelry pattern database and whipped up this little loop.



It's very satisfying to find a use for a pretty yarn in your stash that previously you've despaired of ever being able to use for want of a suitable pattern. 

I then treated myself to a relatively cheap but effective cuff in appropriate colours which may also serve as a timely reminder on the day that the world is mad, incorporating as it does various covers that have been used on Alice in Wonderland, and therefore not to take things too much to heart. 


I think with a pair of grey trousers I will look smart but not overly so, and feel comfortable. I rather regret not having a pair of fire opal ear-rings to go with it all, but I daresay I will find something almost as good in my jewellery box.

In another part of the viva prep forest I have now managed, despite the bad behaviour of the printer, to completely print the whole thing, and have proof read rather more than half. So progress is steady, if a trifle slower than I would like.

And now I must go and dry a very very very wet and vocal cat!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I love grey and orange together ❤️ The cuff is fab!

    ReplyDelete