Wednesday 17 July 2019

A (Temporary) Silence is About to Fall

So I'm on the midnight boat tonight to Aberdeen, training onwards to Glasgow tomorrow and then off to Yorkshire on Friday where I will be until Monday at the Gaskell Society Conference. Back to Glasgow on Monday and then travelling north again to Inverness on Thursday ready for my viva on Friday. Then we'll be coming back to Orkney the day after.

Packing for that lot was a pain.

I will only have my tablet with me and as I have never really got my head round doing the blog on anything other than the laptop there will be no more posts before Sunday 28th  There may not be one then, but there certainly won't be one before that. This will not mean that I have thrown myself in the River Ness in a mood of black despair (although I suppose that probably can't be ruled out totally), just that the logistics mean I can't post. 

Once I'm back though I should have loads to post about. And pictures of Yorkshire. There can never be too many pictures of Yorkshire.

4 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes well - I shall be thinking of you on The Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels. Everything will will go well.....You have got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be stunning in your erudition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best for your viva

    ReplyDelete