Thursday 11 July 2019

A Weekend Away ...

We dashed down to Dornoch over the weekend to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday. Description and photos tomorrow, because I'm too tired just now, and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm charging my Fitbit Inspire via the laptop I'd have gone to bed ages ago.

Meanwhile here are some pictures of yet another cake I made recently



This came from the same book as the summer fruit sponge with the buttermilk and keen eyed observers will note once again the lack of faff in the decorating. Sprinkled with icing sugar, overlaid with a bit of sprinkled cocoa and really all it needed, as it was very rich. You started off melting butter and raspberry conserve in a pan and  then chucked in the rest of the ingredients before baking in the oven. 

Next up in this book is a baked chocolate mousse cake which is even gluten free, but I doubt that will be seeing the light of day before August. I'm off next Wednesday for about ten days, so it will have to wait until I get back. However the July baking subscription box is on its way so I might stir myself to do that. The April box alas! still languishes untouched in the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. That looks *gorgeous* - and now I want cake!! 🤣

    ReplyDelete