Monday 1 April 2019

A Vent about A Very Rude Man

I would say once again that I am deep in the throes of writing up, but actually I am deep in the throes of panic about not having sufficient time to finish everything I need to  before my submission date of 30 April. I did sort of shoot myself in the foot by booking a five day trip to Amsterdam towards the end of the month but we did that way back when, when the submission date was going to be January and we thought in April it would all be a distant memory. Happy (Naïve) Days! 

So I don't have time just now  to write up our trip to the Central Belt last week, but I will  recount one very annoying incident from the posh dinner which  was our main reason for heading south in the first place 

I was sat between the OH and a man who ignored me almost the whole time, because he was very much more interested in talking to  Scottish Opera's Music Director, who was sitting opposite him at table. He did however deign to notice my existence when dessert was served, and offered to pour me some dessert wine. 

'...if you pass me your glass - it's the one next to your water tumbler, with the small stem'. 

That's what he said. I am too well mannered to have remonstrated, physically or verbally, but I will say here that he is the sort of rude, patronising barsteward who gives opera going a bad name. The dinner is an annual event, but after that we won't be troubling other attendees with our presence again. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Ignorant, patronising, rude little bastard 😡😡😡

    ReplyDelete