Saturday 23 March 2019

Baking Subscription March


This is a sour cream and chocolate cake. I think in general the chocolate cake recipes the club send are very nice and this was no exception. It tastes very good, very chocolate-y.  There is sour cream in the cake mixture, in the ganache through the middle, and in the buttercream on the top. Certainly the ganache has a sharpish tang to it as a result,  which is lovely - takes away some of the sweetness. . If I made it again, and I'm not ruling that out I think I'd put some cherries or not very sweet cherry jam through the middle, which would make it a bit 'black forest gateau', but why not?  I am getting a bit sick of having to melt stuff in a bowl over a pan of hot water though; we seem to have done that a lot lately. 

Anyway, that was March, wonder what April will bring? 

4 comments: