Friday 12 April 2019

New Car!


The OH is tickled pink with it. He went off  earlier this week to Glasgow to get it and brought it back on Wednesday. I am not so thrilled with it as he is, but then as I said in a previous post I don't get particularly excited over cars. I don't want to be reductionist, or sexist, but I think that's more of a man thing. 

I had my first ride out in it today, and I can tell I'm going to have to experiment a lot to get the seat in a comfortable position. That said it is generally a comfortable and quiet car and joy of joys - it has heated seats - well in the front. Our last one didn't, and I missed them. Not that I'm likely to need heated seats over the next few months, but it's good to know they are there for when it gets cold. He tells me that Land Rovers last for ever, so we'll see if he's right. 

In another part of the forest I finished revising the final chapter of my thesis today. I still have part  of the middle chapter to do, but that's quite short and mainly just missing citations so I am hopeful that will be done over the weekend. I feel lots better. I mean, really lots. And if I work hard tomorrow morning we have promised ourselves a trip to Geri's ice cream parlour in the afternoon. She's been re-opened nearly two weeks now and we haven't been over there yet. Too busy I guess. But it sounds like a good thing to do. 

2 comments:

  1. Quite right too! You need a reward for all that slogging through the boring bits....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm female (or I was last time I checked) and I love cars . . . I also hate heated seats. Eldest has them in his pickup thing (I love SOME cars) and I took it out a while back and he'd left the seat on - I thought my backside was on fire when I got 15 minutes down the road!!!
    Hope himself loves it - my experience of Landies is old ones but I adore them - and that your writing is good and smooth and straightforward, and that the ice cream tastes good!

    ReplyDelete