Friday 5 April 2019

Feeling Weird

I'm not a very relaxed bunny just now. Partly this is to do with the stress of the thesis which is almost there but not quite, but whose submission date is looming. Partly it's to do with the OH stressing over the problems with the car - which I think will be resolved by this time next week. Certainly hope so. I'm not stressed about the car myself. I view them as money pits which just about earn their keep, and the latest shenanigans have done nothing to change my opinion. But I do get stressed when the OH is stressed - his stress is catching. And partly of course it's the change to BST and all that brings for me in its wake.

I suffer from SAD, fairly mildly compared to some, and the other way round to most. I don't get the Winter Blues, I'n never down and depressed over the short winter days. I lurve them. What I fear are the long white nights  of summer, and the change to BST is the start of that. It makes me feel 'off' and out of sync with myself,  and very restless, mentally and physically. I can't concentrate on anything for long; it's a bit like Restless Leg Syndrome of the mind. It will more or less settle as spring and summer go on, although it will spike again around midsummer, but it seems to be getting worse as I get older and I don't like it. Not one bit.

Tomorrow I will blog about something nicer - the great day I had in Stirling last week with two good friends.  It was balm to the soul.

1 comment:

  1. The clock change messes up my sleep for weeks - forward *and* back 😢😢

    ReplyDelete