Sunday 2 December 2018

Day Two


Lavender and Lemongrass conditioner. Which I suppose is a predictable follow up to yesterday's lavender and lemongrass shampoo.

Today's music was Vivaldi's Lute Concerto in D major, which I chose because it makes me smile and want to dance. Lots of versions on YouTube if you want to try it - there are a few out there with a classical guitar rather than a lute though, and the lute sounds much better, so be alert. 

This being the first Sunday in Advent it was the tree lighting service at the Cathedral this morning. Here is the tree, gifted as always by the people of Grimstad in Norway


Then we went to the Christmas soup lunch in the St Magnus Centre, which was looking quite festive. We both chose the chicken and leek soup which was absolutely the right decision, it was gorgeous. 


After that we paid our annual visit to Shearer's Upstairs. Shearer's is one of those shops you can't really classify, except to say that if it's kitchen relayed, and that includes food, you'll probably find it there, but there are other bits tagged on the back as well. Anyway Upstairs is only open in the run up to Christmas and they have a real fire burning (no I have absolutely no idea how on earth they get health and safety clearance for that, ) and this year a Santa sat in front of it. 


And gorgeous merchandise, not all of the food and drink variety. 

I bought a present for a friend in the States, which was so nice we got one for ourselves too, and some pearlised chocolate pebbles that are locally produced. 

When we got downstairs again the OH went off to get some coffee beans and I stopped to talk to the shop cat. Which promptly walked up my arm and snuggled onto my shoulder, without any encouragement - although I was naturally delighted. 

 Next on the agenda, when I'd got rid of Shearer's Cat, which I have to say was impossible until he spied another gullible fool he could settle on, after which he graciously allowed himself to be put back down,  was Kirkness and Gorie where I had been lured by the prospect of tasting a different company's gin. All I'll say about that is that the elderflower tonic was very nice indeed. K and G have put lights on their courtyard tree, which were very pretty but doubtless look better when it gets dark. 


Finally dragged ourselves home to find Lorenzo out, and Markko distinctly uninterested in hearing about my cavortings with Another Cat. They don't half have flexible necks, cats, don't they? 





1 comment: