Sunday 9 December 2018

Catch Up! Days 6 - 9

So we just had a very quick trip to Glasgow. Day 6, which I opened before we went was this


Having looked at the shape of the 'window' I said 'it'll be soap again' which just goes to show that sometimes you're right and sometimes you're wrong. 

Days 7 & 8 I caught up with last night when we got back 




After the Rain shampoo and conditioner. 

And today we had 

Glenashdale soap. 

As for the Glasgow trip it was so we could attend the first of the Scottish Opera Emerging Artist Recitals for this year; there's another one in January when we'll be doing another of these mad dash trips. The recital was fun, although confined to only two singers, since one was away singing elsewhere, and another one had to give it a miss because she slipped and fell a couple of days before, suffering a concussion in the process. As a result the recital was a little over weighted towards the Russian repertoire, and if songs and lieder of Western Europe tend to make a drama out of a crisis that is as noting to what the Russian temperament does when let loose on emotion and art song. . But there was some fine singing. And (since we are supporting the repetiteur this year through the scheme) I should mention the very fine accompaniment as well.  A small and select group met at the Theatre Royal for the after recital lunch, and a good time was had by all the people I was sitting near, and presumably also by those at the other end of the table. 

On our way out we booked our tickets for a Scottish Ballet performance of Cinderella and a new opera in January. We hadn't really planned on two trips to Glasgow in January, and there will be another one in February too, but then as someone perspicaciously pointed out at lunch, I am making up for all the lost time of the past 20 months or so. 

Since we were traveling for two days and went to a concert on the middle one, and since we are going to another concert this evening I haven't rushed to listen to any music at home. I'll pick that up tomorrow when the Christmas panic starts to really kick in. (I can feel it gathering around me already, despite the fact hat actually we're really a long long way ahead with our preparations. I am afraid despite all efforts to resist, I am starting to suffer from The Churn again. 

On the upside if I apply myself this coming week the Christmas stuff  should all be done and another huge chunk of the thesis re-written too. Fingers crossed. 


1 comment: