Monday 10 December 2018

Day 10


05 Seaweed and Sage Shower Gel

I do rather wonder if this is a small sop to the 'man in your life' since I don't know any women who particularly want to smell of seaweed, or indeed sage. There again, is there a man who does? That said, I was unable to detect any whiff of seaweed, although there was a faint hint of sage. Sage is supposed to clear the brain I think, and given the time of year, that has to be a good thing. Or would be if I had any intention of using any of this stuff before the 1st January 2019. 

In other news,  yesterday evening we went to a concert in the Cathedral. I had seen it advertised and suggested we go; Corelli, Rutter, MacMillan and more. I was pleasantly surprised at how warm the Cathedral was when we arrived; much warmer somehow than they manage for Sunday service ....

I enjoyed it all very much. Even the rather dreary Es ist ein Ros' entsprungen was enlivened for me by being sung a Capella by a group of five men, three of whom shared a surname (and are presumably related) and one of whom was the man we buy our carpets from. Sadly for the OH it all went downhill in the second half, which was totally given over to Rutter's Magnificat. He disliked it immensely. Not for the reason that many people dislike Rutter which so far as I can see is that  they're musical snobs who hate a man who turns a tune, but because it was 'far too cheerful and bouncy'. I pointed out that the Magnificat is Mary's Song of Joy, to which his reply was that it wasn't supposed to be joyful at all, at which point I called him a miserable lapsed Catholic, he agreed  and we left it at that. 

Today has been very busy with far too much Christmas related stuff and not sufficient thesis related stuff, but I hope to reverse the ratio tomorrow and all days following. Well until 25th, obvs. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great line-up for the concert. I’m with you on the Magnificat!

    ReplyDelete