Tuesday 30 June 2015

The Garden Day

It was warm, we had some free time, I wondered where we could go and I found a website. You could feed in various options and it would come up with a list. Imagine how I felt when I found myself ticking 'Gardens' as the sort of place I would like to go. There is no getting away from it, middle age is creeping up on me.
 
Anyway I got a list of gardens it was possible to visit and we decided on Dyffryn which looked about the right size, had a café and a shop and wasn't too far away. I was looking forward to it.
 
I was looking forward to it rather less by the time we ended up on a run down housing estate in a dead end street called Dyffryn Gardens. This gave rise to my infamous S*dding Satnav status on Facebook, although as we all know it's not the Satnav so much as the person who puts the location into it....
 
Turns out we had driven for half an hour in the wrong direction and we could have given up and gone home but we pressed on and eventually found ourselves in the right place. And very nice it was too -
 



 
 
I'm sure you don't need captions for poppies and cacti. The café was cheap but the food wasn't very good sadly, and we had no time to explore the shop because by the time we had wandered round most of the gardens I was suffering from a touch of the sun and the OH was suffering from the pollen.
 
If you like gardens, and if you're in South Wales, these are definitely worth a visit,  - but take your own picnic would be my advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment