Monday 15 June 2015

Socks and Sunburn

For  a while now I have been toying with the idea of doing a blog post with the title Socks and Sunburn, and then starting it off by saying 'Sorry guys I lied about the sunburn.' However....

here are the socks

 
 
Although I cannot claim to be in want of sock wool, a fact to which I have made passing mention on this blog before, I recently bought another 1.5 kg of the stuff. What can I say? It was an absolute bargain and for a good cause;- to wit the Asylum Seekers Program run by the Quakers in Sunderland. I used to knit for their annual Christmas party, at which they gave out presents, many of the knitted and crocheted variety.  However, the nature of the asylum seekers in the area has now changed and the program is dealing not so much with families these days as single young men. So the focus is on getting stuff to them all year round. Socks, hats, gloves etc are requested. I've never done proper gloves, but I thought I could have a good go at sending them some socks, which is why the 1.5 kg bargain bundle got snapped up like a fly on a fish hook. And these socks are the first fruit.
 
As for the sunburn....well, after a day out in Cardiff Bay yesterday, when I got back to where we're staying, no-one was more surprised than me to discover that, having worn a V-neck top, I had an unsightly red V clearly visible. Well, it will fade to a nicer, healthier looking brown over the next couple of days, I hope.


1 comment: