Tuesday 31 March 2015

Something Cheerful for a Change

I should be attempting a re-write of  the conference abstract I did for my supervisor but somehow I can't seem to drum up any enthusiasm for that just now so here are some photos I've just taken of the new sun/garden room.

I think I generally call it the Garden Room these days, although goodness knows what you see out of the windows is even less like a garden that it was before. My sister called it the Summer Room once and I rather like that too.
 
Here goes
 
close up of the blind fabric

 
a cosy neuk

 
the colour scheme is based around the eucalyptus tree and luckily I had just the picture to underline the fact
 
 

 
can you see the leopard?

 
The OH hates this chair and when I ordered it sulked and wouldn't help choose the upholstery. But what the heck? I don't like his living room wallpaper (as I may have already mentioned!)
 
I have to say that we are very pleased with it now its done. If I see a rug that will go that I can't walk past I'll buy it to go under the coffee table and we need lots more cushions as time goes on, but basically it's finished, it's in use and it's a huge asset to the house.
 
And of course the cats love it. They've been using it much longer than we have, but then they weren't constrained by needing furniture and were happy just to sprawl on the floor. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks great! I love your leopard :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. present from Andy's elder brother P. I didn't take to it at first but it really grew on me. And now I love it.

    ReplyDelete