Tuesday 3 March 2015

Not a Rose Garden


obviously, because I never promised you a rose garden. (Older readers will see the joke and then want to slap me for the ear worm....)

No, I promised you pictures of socks and here they are. I made two pairs last month




the top ones I made for a swap and the bottom ones (sorry about the glare) were for the OH. I also did almost a whole sock out of a patterned pair for me, but then got distracted by the  need to do the swap ones, and then I sort of realised it wouldn't take me long to knock off the pair for the OH and then that would be two skeins of sock yarn used up just like that!

I did some other knitting too, which is a relief to remember because two pairs of socks isn't much to show for a whole month, but most of that got frogged - or pulled out - for those who aren't too sure about knitting jargon. Hoping for a more constructive March on the knitting front really.

Tomorrow we may, or may not, address the question - Are there any books left worth reading?

2 comments:

  1. I love the colour of the second pair -- what yarn is it? And do you have a go-to sock pattern? I am tipping my toe into (haha) sock knitting this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yarn is Schoppelwollle's Crazy Zauberball and I think that is the Tropical Fish colourway. They do all sorts of amazing colour combinations.

    Go-to sock pattern - yes! and it's free on Ravery. It's Very Vanilla Socks by Jo-Anne Klim. It's very clear, a nice fit and has the best instructions for grafting closed a toe I've ever seen.

    I quite often do it in a 3x1 rib rather than plain stocking stitch, but it looks fine in stocking stitch too.

    Good luck if you go for it. I fnd sock knitting quite addictive. I use 30cm circulars to do mine because I'm not the world's greatest fan of dpns, worth a go with the little circs if you feel the same.

    ReplyDelete