Sunday 2 July 2023

Special Socks (2)

 


Eagle eyed readers will spot that this time the special socks come as a pair, unlike the one in the earlier special sock post. 

Given that they are just a pair of vanilla socks you may be wondering why they are so special. There are two reasons.

1. They are made from the Opal Van Gogh collection yarn that I was so thrilled to find an odd ball of in The Yarn Cake, long after everyone else had told me it had sold out within days of being released. Post about that  here should you wish to refresh your memory. 

And the second reason is that while I was in Paris I saw the picture the yarn colours are based on, Bedroom at Arles. It was in the Muses D'Orsay and I took a photo of it. It's a bit skew because being a famous picture it was of course very difficult to get close to, while pictures just as good or better hung unregarded  on the wall near to it. There is a rant upcoming on the way people visit galleries to look at art - or not look at it. However, leaving that aside, here is the picture 


and I love the way the yarn has the two shades of blue, the browns of the bed and floor, and the small amounts of red and green in proportion to how they are used in the painting. 

A nice snug pair of socks and a lovely memory of my magical time in Paris. 



2 comments:

  1. A very fine pair of socks. Unfortunately the fit you so I'm not going to be able to steal them 😒

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cleverly they took the palette from the painting!

    ReplyDelete