Wednesday 12 July 2023

Paris Swag

I didn't buy much when I was in Paris, Given the general loveliness of the museum shops I encountered that says rather more about my will power than I would have thought possible(!) but I did pick up a few bits and pieces. 

Generally my souvenir of choice these days is the fridge magnet. They're cheap, ubiquitous, take up no space when you get them home and they look pretty. Perfect souvenir material really. 

I bought a couple in Paris. 


The top one is from the Musee Cluny, showing  a detail from one of the Unicorn tapestries,  and the bottom one is  from the Musee de Montmartre. 

And then there were a few small bits and pieces. There is nothing from the shops in the Musee D'Orsay because I was almost  too tired to look round them, and certainly not up to making decisions about what to buy, or indeed queuing at a till to pay for what I chose. A missed opportunity, or money saved? One of the two! 

Meanwhile here is what I did buy


The cross stitch kit and the greyhound (destined for the Christmas tree) came from the Musee Cluny. Heaven knows I do not need another cross stitch kit but this one looked small-ish and I loved the colours and that it would remind me of my wonderful time in Paris. Then there's a pen and a bar of soap from the shop at the Musee de Montmartre. The French make such beautiful soap. Between the soap and the dog , and you will probably have to click on the  photo to enlarge it so that you can see them properly, is a pair of earrings, also from the M de |M. They are in the shape of small artist's palettes. I've never bought or worn a pair of ear-rings that drew forth so many spontaneous expressions of liking. I love them; just something a bit different. 

And that was it. Sum total of my souvenir shopping. I am hopeful that I can be as abstemious in Savonlinna next week. 


1 comment: