Sunday 30 July 2023

The Kindness of (Almost) Strangers

 A few months ago I did a small favour for someone. I offered, thought they might refuse, but they accepted and I did it. In fact I did it twice and I remain open to doing it again if asked. It took me a very small amount of time and the small amounts of money it took were refunded and that was fine. I was pleased to do it, 

A wee while ago the person for whom I did the favour let me know there was a small package on its way as a thank you. It arrived this week, and look at the lovely stuff that was in it!


The caramello koalas might be a clue that the person that I did the favour for lives in Australia; they're like the caramel freddo frogs we get in Britain but koala shaped. All the chocolate was lovely although I think our favourite was the peach and apricot Fruitchocs. Tough call though. 

Side note. I eat Kellogs Special K with peach and apricot  for breakfast most days. This can no longer be sourced in either the Kirkwall or the Glasgow branch of Tesco near where our son lives. It can be had in Tesco in Wick (although not Thurso),  and the big one on the outskirts of Inverness. This means that every time we go south we stock up with four boxes of the stuff. I feel I am doing the job which the distribution arm of Tescos should be doing. In fact I should probably be writing to the manager of the Tesco in Kirkwall and asking why they don't have it any more. Maybe another month....) 

Meanwhile eagle eyed readers will also have spotted the yarn. Sadly the photo has leached out some of the colour, especially the blue green and grey one. I am desperate to find patterns for these two skeins before they become members of the 'too precious to use' club. I have several skeins in that already, and it irks! 


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I have a similar tescoid issue but with the wee tetrapaks of lactose free milk. I can get them in Wick - but not Leyland or Kirkwall. Dumbarton is gloriously tescoid free and Helensburgh has only peedie tescoids.

    ReplyDelete