Saturday 8 July 2023

Briefly MIA

Sorry. I had an unexpectedly quick call up for an endoscopy which the surgeon told me only weeks ago wouldn't happen for six months as it was just routine, but when I went for my pre-op assessment on Monday I was handed a letter by the nurse which told me it was happening three days later, ie on Thursday. Annoyingly this clashed with my pre-holiday hair cut and colour, and even more annoyingly I was a good girl and cancelled the hair appointment rather than trying to rearrange the endoscopy. 

I don't think I recorded the horror that was my last endoscopy several years ago, and certainly pre-Covid which was done without the benefit of any anaesthetic relief other than a revolting banana flavoured throat spray which was supposed to stop me getting a sore throat and didn't. It was a total nightmare, so when I was told I needed another one I said I wanted to be be sedated, which they were happy to do for me. As it was deep sedation I was more or less out of it for all of Thursday and not 100% yesterday but feeling much more normal now. And however out of it I was, it was totally worth it because I couldn't have faced a 'cold' endoscopy again. 

I must buckle down over the next few days and get this up to date because we are off on our travels again on Thursday. Today it is our island's  RNLI Fun Day; we're normally away when this happens but as we are here and the sun is shining we plan to attend and see what it's all about.  

1 comment:

  1. Glad that's over and done with. I'd opt for deep sedation, too

    ReplyDelete