Friday 12 May 2023

A Walk

 Honestly, for many reasons,  it is frazzle city here just now, not helped by the fact that I am absolutely frozen. 

I am going for a walk shortly which will doubtless do me good if I don't die of hypothermia before I get back,  but meanwhile it seemed a good opportunity to pop up a couple of photos from a walk the OH and I did at the weekend. 

It was one of our Covid lockdwn ones and while we were able to do it quite easily at that time, we have had trouble doing it all in one go since. We did however manage that this time which was a good feeling. (Don't run away with the idea that it's a long trek, it's less than 2 miles, although there are a couple of steep uphills in it. We're just not used to walking, having got out of the habit. 

Anyway, Orkney is famous for its daffodil verges in springtime but it's not just daffodils that grow there 


all the way along the roadside; daffodils, tulips, bluebells (in three different colours), fritillaries and not visible here but some poppy buds.

Here's a close up 


and although there weren't any lambs on South Ron that day, there were some different looking sheep. I don't think it was just the fact that they were wet, they are a different breed to the ones we normally see up there. 



1 comment: