Monday 31 January 2022

Baking Subscription - The Final Year - January

Yes, I've decided this will be the last year of my baking subscription. I pay six monthly so as soon as they have taken the July instalment I shall cancel. It's been fun, and I have some fabulous recipes, with no doubt a few more to come this year but it's time to call a halt. Apart from nay thing else, a friend bought me a lovely baking book for Christmas which I would like to work my way through and I'm more likely to embark on that if I'm not getting distracted by baking boxes. Plus, it's no secret that I find some of them a bit faffy.

Take this month's bake for example. Lemon and Almond Tart. Here's a slice of it


It was delicious. And that was without the lattice work of lemon icing I should have put over the top. And the ring of lemon buttercream roses I was supposed to pipe around the edge. 


1 comment:

  1. That’s the sort of decoration a friend calls “unnecessary faffage” 😉

    ReplyDelete