Tuesday 30 November 2021

A Joyous Knit ...

... and a couple of other small things. 

This is the Glasgow Skyline Hat from the kit I bought at GSoY, so the second of my purchases there to be knitted up. And it's not even December!




It was such a lovely thing to make. Bar the two times I had to take out some of the Mackintosh border because I'd made  a mistake, it was an absolute joy to knit from beginning to end. I love Glasgow, I loved the fact that I could choose my own colours for the kit and could therefore do it in the colours of the Saltire, and I also love the coincidence that I'm showing it off on St Andrew's Day. 

The kit is from Wee County Yarns  and they have some fabulous kits and patterns on their website, as well as lovely yarn. I am already looking forward to browsing their stand again at next year's GSoY. Highly recommended. 

Other things. Well, there's an update on Raisin. He is spending rather more time here than I am comfortable with, only because I feel bad for his owner that he is not going home. Also he eats a lot. I walked into the kitchen this afternoon to find him sitting on the kitchen island with his head, literally, in an open packet of Dreamies. If only I'd had my camera with me. He is still here; we don't have the heart to throw him out as the weather is abysmal. Hopefully he will make his way home when the wind drops and the rain stops. Preferably later this evening. 

And I did some pre-advent advent opening. Both my advents had 'open me whenever' extras, and I chose to open them today, just to get in some practice! From Giddy Yarns there were chocolate treats and from An Caitin Beag some cat themed goodies and - unsurprisingly - a stitch marker. 


Real advent opening starts tomorrow. And the OH is muttering about putting up the tree. 

1 comment: