Friday 5 November 2021

Back to Devon (2)

This was our last day and it was the OH's turn to choose how we spent it. so we went to the Eden Project. He'd been there a couple of times before when down in Devon doing stuff connected to his mother, but I'd never been.  

I have to say it is totally overwhelming on a firts trip. So much space, so much info, so much to take in. The weather wasn't the best we'd had all week but at least it wasn't chucking it down like the day before when we'd been to Greenway but it was damp and grey and occasionally it drizzled. but to be fair equally occasionally the sun shone. Many of the catering outlets were closed or running at less than full strength too.

Which is all a long way of saying that it took me a while to warm up to the place. And some bits of it appealed to me more than others but that's OK because if I go to an Art Gallery some periods appeal more than others and when I read some writers I enjoy and some I don't. We don't all like everything. 

But I must have loved some of it because I have reams and reams of photographs. They're mainly from the Mediterranean biome but some of them are from the other one that was Africa and  Latin America. It was hard to choose which ones to post really. 
















Definitely worth visiting, but best for people who live locally and who can take advantage of the fact that your ticket allows you access for a whole year, which means you can take your time to really get to know the place.

And that was the week in Devon. Our British holiday next summer, covid willing naturally, is in North Wales in July, largely because The Gaskell Society Conference is in Caernavon. We've booked a cottage for a week and we'll be joined by the OH's brother as it's excellently placed for many of Wales' narrow gauge railways. He and the OH can enjoy themselves riding old trains to their heart's content while I'm at the conference and hopefully they'll have had their fill when I join them and we can do other stuff. Because personally, I'm not a big train fan. 




1 comment: