Sunday 28 November 2021

A Bakers Dozen

 


To get twelve pairs of hand knitted socks in a year is of course enough for anyone I would think , and I had no plans to add another pair for Son No 1's birthday which takes place only a few days after Christmas.

Then I went to the Glasgow School of Yarn and found this skein of wool called Wellington. Now, the Duke of Wellington has been the lad's hero for many many years; he even got married in a copy of a coat the Duke was wearing in one of his portraits, so how could I not buy it and use if for a 13th pair? 

(We'll ignore the fact that when she named her colour the dyer was probably thinking more about wet weather footwear than the victor of Waterloo)

Anyway it seems fitting to round off a year of Canadian Prime Minsters with a British one. So there they are. And I called them - what else but - The Duke.

1 comment: