Tuesday 25 August 2020

Loki

No not a disquisition on the Norse God, or indeed on the character portrayed by Tom Hiddlestone in the Avengers movies (although it may raise a smile on the face of some readers to record the plaintive question posed by my younger son recently  'Mum, what is it with women and Loki?'. What indeed? I had to say that I didn't know but Loki was just, well, preferable to Thor is so many ways that possibly I couldn't put into words)

..................



And dragging ourselves back to the question of which Loki I am talking about if it isn't either of those two, it is this one*


Gorgeous, eh? He's a snowy owl at the Suffolk Owl Sanctuary and in line with my policy of giving to animal charities in 2020 we have sponsored him for a year . Because he's an owl, an everyone loves owls, don't they? Apart from mice, voles and other small rodents of course. It seems unlikely we will get to visit the SOS and see him in person for quite some time, but maybe next year. 

*obviously this is not a personally taken photo of him but their photo  sent in the adoption pack. My photography skills are not at that level!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, good choice! I love owls ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so many lovely ones to choose from - I'm going to have to go through it ll again with donkeys shortly!

      Delete