Wednesday 5 August 2020

Happy Birthday to Me (for yesterday)



I wasn't feeling particularly jolly when my birthday arrived, but I managed to cheer up as the day went on, greatly helped by phone calls and Skype calls from family, some lovely cards and equally nice presents. The problem with the presents of course is where to start; do I cast on socks, do I start one of my jigsaw puzzles, do I read one of my new books? In the event I spent so much time interacting with people that I managed only to not quite finish the edges of the jigsaw puzzle before the day was over.

The OH produced the cake, which is a Baking Subscription reprise; the sticky toffee drip cake from October 2018. It was gorgeous then and was even more gorgeous this time around since I wasn't the person making it! 

Getting older is no fun really but the brother of the OH and I decided that we will just go with feeling  like we're actually only in our mid-30s until decrepitude convinces both ourselves and others of the fact that we actually left them behind some years ago. 

Onwards and Upwards.  Or bookwards in my case for the remainder of today. 

1 comment:

  1. My mother remained adamantly 32 right up until the year my brother was also 32 😁 As I said to a friend yesterday, who has just celebrated her 60th, “You can’t be old. You’re almost the same age as me, and *I’m* not old...”

    ReplyDelete