Friday 1 March 2019

A Spring Stroll

I have been once more down in the depths of the rabbit hole that is writing up, and I have to say that although it has gone quite smoothly for the most part, for the last two days I have been struggling. Whether it's cabin fever from sitting for so long in my study, gazing at the screen, or something to do with the work itself  I'm  not quite sure but it certainly doesn't help that I constantly remind myself that the clock is ticking - so much to do, so little time to do it. Although I tend to remind myself that I do have enough time - if I use it wisely. 

Anyway late last week we dragged ourselves out for a  stroll on the beach, and we had lots of fresh ar, and did a bit of beach combing and listened to the sound of the sea, which is calming and I took some pictures of how spring is springing hereabouts. 




On the left side of the bay the cliff has a few nesting fulmars every year. It doesn't do to get too close; like camels, they spit. 


I don't t know where Credence and Revival were, but there was certainly plenty of Clearwater. I looked for litter/plastic to pick up and dispose of responsibly, and I'm very happy to report that the one and only thing I found was a solitary plastic bottle cap. Which I duly picked up and put into the beach litter bin which the council provides. 


Our rockery was bursting into life - I love these miniature daffodils. 


I love irises, miniature and full size, even more. This was as close as I could get to the iris without endangering life and limb - well, limb anyway. 


I try to be selective about what I pick up in the way of shells and interesting bits of stone or, living where we do,  the place would be overrun. This was he latest haul Unlike my children when they were small I  do not collect bits of dead crab although there are usually a few of those to be seen too. 

In addition to the thesis there are several long running stressful things in life just now, and none of them seem to be getting wholly resolved, just partially so, and then its a case of two steps forward one step back. I am not good at living ith unresolved things causing me stress, so it would be good if the universe could see fit to get some of them sorted properly. 

Meanwhile the cat Markko is at the vet's having some dental work done; they rang to say he was very stressed which hasn't affected my ability to concentrate on work this morning. Oh no. Not at all. I shall be pleased when we get him back safely this afternoon. 

1 comment: