Thursday 21 March 2019

I bought some wool .....

...and I knitted myself a jumper.


the colour is brighter than it looks in the photo, and it's a tweedy  yarn,  which is also possibly not very obvious from the picture. I was a good girl and checked my tension before I started, went down a needle size and the jumper fits, which only goes to show that checking is worthwhile even when you think it's too much of a faff. 

The goal this year is not to buy any wool unless for specific projects to be made immediatey and I didn't buy any in January and this was the only wool I bought in February and  I knitted it up straight away. So - Big Tick. And I do need new jumpers. 

In other news, there is no other news. I am still spending most of every day working away on the text of the Ph D, although I am at least currently revising the final chapter (hooray!) That doesn't mean it will all be over when I finish that, as there will still be fiddly bits to do, but it will mark a real step forward. 

I have not troubled the blog or my friends with details of the two latest annoying frustrating and generally quite unbelievable things that have been thrown at me in these final weeks, because really, having to suffer them is bad enough without going over them elsewhere. Any goodwill I ever felt towards my institution or my supervisors is well and truly lost and I am just longing for it all to be over. I truly wish I had never started the process and if I had known when I started what it would be like I would have walked away. However that's not where we are and we must just keep on truckin', until we reach the end of the road. 

There is a bright light ahead; weather permitting we are off to Glasgow on Monday for a few days, which will give me a rest from writing and act as a reward if, as I fully intend, the final chapter is revised and sent off to my supervisors by then. Sadly we are having to hire a car because our own is poorly sick, as in it does not have functioning windscreen wipers and the parts are taking forever and a day to get here. That said, the car has been showing signs of chronic invalidism for some time and the prospect of a replacement looms large in the OH's mind, and slightly less large ( seeing as it is full of Ph D related stuff) in mine. Watch this space .... 

2 comments:

  1. Great photo
    of the Panda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it’s all over and done very soon. Lovely jumper! ❤️

    ReplyDelete