Saturday 2 March 2019

Didn't think that was supposed to happen ....


This is our poinsettia from Christmas 2017. It was so healthy and lossy that we couldn't bring ourselves to throw it out after that Christmas, so it stayed on the hall window sill and got fed and watered regularly by the  OH and knocked over regularly by the cat Markko .

And a couple of months ago we started to get red brachts coming out. I've always understood that this was not possible due to blah blah blah, not quite sure what, because I generally tuned out of GT when they started explaining why you cloud never get them to go red again and you might as well dispose of them. 

I can take no  credit for this myself. If it weren't for the OH I would live in a totally plant free zone except for the occasional bunch of flowers, but I am thrilled it's happened. Poinsettias are gorgeous and I've always felt a but guilty about throwing them away afer the festivities. 

2 comments: