Sunday 3 February 2019

Never Say Never


When we had our visitor last November one of the places we went to was the workshop of Alison Moore. I adore her work, but for some reason I didn't have any of her jewellery.Possibly because for a long time she only did rings which, although beautiful, I have to have in large sizes which is embarrassing. But she's branched out recently and now does ear-rings, pendants etc. 

I treated myself to a pair of moonstone studs for 'everyday wear' . The OH wanted to buy me a pendant which I said OK to, as long as it was going to be part of my Christmas present. We had to order one especially, as they only had the display example and no stock, but that wasn't a problem, and a few weeks later, when they rang to say it was ready, we went to collect it. 

I took it down to Glasgow in December for the EA recital, but then because of what I ended up wearing I didn't put the pendant on. We came home, and the pendant disappeared. I went one day to put it away from where I thought it was, and it wasn't there. Nor was it anywhere else where I might put jewellery. Nor in fact was it in any of the places where I don't put jewellery. (Which makes sense of course! but you know how it is when you've lost something, you look everywhere, even in places where it just can't be. 

Since it wasn't here we thought I might have left it in the flat in Glasgow but a thorough search by son number two, and later by me when we were down in January failed to turn it up. I was beside  myself with shame an d irritation. Lost before I had even worn it! The OH might as well have stood in the road and thrown several large denomination notes down the drains. 

I was told not to worry. I was told it would turn up. I told him that it couldn't turn up because I had looked everywhere and he wasn't to buy me jewellery ever again because I couldn't be trusted to look after it and therefore I didn't deserve it. 

And yesterday, I found it. I opened my bottom jumper drawer and there was the box and the pendant was inside it. I could swear I had had the drawer upside down, along with all the others, when I was looking and all I can think of is that when we came back from Glasgow that first time the box was wrapped up in a jumper, stayed inside it when I unpacked, and yesterday when I was desultorily going through the drawer trying to decide if there were any jumpers in there I could usefully give to the charity shop it got dislodged. 

Whatever the case, I was a very happy bunny.

And here is the cause of all the trouble; the bottom stone is labradorite and bluer than it looks in the photo.



3 comments:

  1. So pleased it turned up again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. Such a joyous relief. When I saw he box I thought it was just going to be the one for the ear rings which I kept seeing every time I looked for the pendant. But no, it really was the pendant box, with the pendant in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew, could have been a nice surprise for a charity shop wrapped in an old jumper !!

    ReplyDelete