Wednesday 30 January 2019

Bakng Subscription 2019 - January

Lemon Drizzle Loaf

We haven't tasted this yet and I've no reason to think that it will be anything but delicious but really it was a bit of a faff. This was the second time a recipe from the Baking Club has called for you to make swiss meringue buttercream, and although it was easier second time around (well most things are) I'm still very doubtful about whether it is worth all the hassle. 

I've baked most of my life and I suppose the good thing about doing this subscription is that it does get me out of my normal baking rut, and I welcome that, I really do. But I sometimes think they go a bit OTT with the finishing off.

I make a perfectly acceptable lemon drizzle cake which has a lemon syrup drizzled over it. And that's really nice. This lemon drizzle cake also has lemon syrup drizzled over it. Plus the aforementioned swiss meringue buttercream piped (piped!!) through the middle. And a water (well lemon juice) icing on the top. And flaked almonds on the top of that. Four finishing touches for one cake - maybe a bit much?

That will not stop us eating it though. Or looking forward to next months instalment.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, a bit OTT! One of the best things about lemon drizzle is its simplicity - that’s just faffing for the sake of it 😉😉

    ReplyDelete