Friday 8 February 2019

Hard to believe - but we're ill again

The OH never really shook off the flu and as he started to spend his evenings in company with a really hard hacking cough I sort of assumed that the little germies had gone and settled on his chest and decided to have a party, because he is prone to chest infections. I mithered him to go to the doctor which he finally agreed to do, after I had a very worrying weekend with him, on Monday. He got an inhaler, some anti-biotics and a little glass jar for a sputum sample. 

I assumed, since I am not prone to chest infections that I would avoid all this unpleasantness. In this I was totally wrong. I am about three days behind him with my symptoms and since my hacking cough (which deprived me of my voice for the best part of two days) originates in my throat, not my chest, I do not think I have a chest infection. I do have a temperature, off and on, I do have an almost constant headache, I'm having problems sleeping and I have a throat and a set of ears that feel like they're on fire for much of the time. I cannot remember the last day I got dressed although it was possibly Monday when the OH went to the doctor and while he was there I went to the Post Office. I know I was supposed to be going out with friends on Tuesday afternoon and was too poorly to go. 

I am reverting to the trick I developed when I had the flu, of taking paracetamol before I go to bed in the hope that this will help me sleep. Meanwhile nothing is getting done, and work on the thesis has most unfortunately ground to a halt, which is very worrying. I had a plan which was going to get the whole thing revised and sent off to supervisory people a week before we go to Glasgow for the Joan Baez concert at the end of the  month but that plan has developed some serious slippage and I can only think that once I'm better I'm going to have to put in some long hard days at the computer coalface. Oh joy! 


1 comment: