Monday 11 July 2016

Back Again!

And a gold star to all who thought 'She's been quiet for a bit, bet she's away again' because you were right.

I have spent today unpacking, doing laundry and catching up on a frightening amount of admin, e-mail and snail mail, and as a result I'm sadly too knackered to contemplate doing much of a blog post.
 
I will say that we were mostly in York, and we mostly enjoyed ourselves. The OH and I started off with a two day Dorothy Dunnett event and then we were joined by Son no 2 and  the Canadian contingent for a week, my sister came up from Gloucestershire for two days, we went to visit an aunt of mine who none of us had seen in ages and I met a virtual friend. We also did quite a lot of what I call Real Shop  shopping, of the sort that is not possible in Orkney. Broke our journey home in Glasgow for a couple of nights and finally made it back here last night.
 
More of all of this anon. It's great to go away, but when I think how I run around like a hamster in a wheel once I get back I do sometimes wonder if it's worth it.*
 
*It so is, But I'm rather too tired to appreciate that properly just now.

1 comment:

  1. It was so brilliant to meet up. I hope the catching up at home doesn't take too long!! H xx

    ReplyDelete