Monday 25 July 2016

Project 60 Number 27


 
Yup, well, no prizes for guessing what this one is. Baking bread. I know some people will find it shocking that I have almost reached 60 without ever baking bread, but there you go. And anyway, now I have.
 
And not in a bread maker either, but properly with yeast and proving time and everything. And it tasted lovely, and had a good crust and what I thought was a good internal structure. Not sure it would pass the Paul Hollywood test, but hey! he wasn't here and I don't care. I made not just edible, but lovely, bread.  I'm actually a little bit proud of myself.
 
I doubt it will become a thing I do on a regular basis, but at least I know if I need to do it again, I can.

1 comment:

  1. I used to love making bread. The smell!! And it made me feel ridiculously talented 😄😄 H xx

    ReplyDelete