Monday 18 July 2016

Beck is Back!

Which for the uninitiated means the return of a Swedish detective series to BBC4.

Foreign detective series have been, as readers of this blog might remember, a bit hit and miss. Hits - The Killing, The Bridge, Wallander, The Tunnel Series 2, Those who Kill. Misses - Falcon (oh dear) Top of the Lake (oh dear squared) and a dire dire Swedish thing set in the 1920s whose name escapes me but which rejoiced in a heroine with the unlikely name of Puck. Also Montalbano, which was so far from being a police series that it hardly counts.
 
Beck though, I like. I like it because it's funny, I like it because it's tense, I like it because I can listen to Swedish and remember some of it. But mostly I  like it because it gives me an opportunity to quietly lust over Mikael Persbrandt.
 
Shallow? Moi? Well maybe now and then....

1 comment: