Sunday 31 July 2016

On a scale of 1 - 10,

how gorgeous are these fingerless mittens?

 
I know, they're just too lovely for words aren't they?
 
The pattern is from a designer, Hunter Hammersen, whose work I absolutely love, but despite owning six of her books and several other single patterns these are the first thing of hers I've ever actually knitted.
 
I love them. They look more complicated than they actually are, they knitted up really quickly, they fit well and feel gorgeous - partly thanks to the yarn I used, which was Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino Tonals.
 
I can see these giving me sterling service over the winter months in the Cathedral, when I need to keep my hands warm, but still be able to turn the pages of the hymn book!
 
But just before you think I'm getting a bit gloat-y and turn away in disgust, let me just say that the current project, which is a pair of socks, is possibly the most loathsome thing I have ever knitted, and I will freely 'fess up to them and post a photo once they are done!
 

1 comment: