Sunday 18 October 2015

Project 60 - Number 14 - I did what?

I did this.

I saw a piece of art ( a figurine ) in a gallery in Dunkeld, I fell in love with it, I bought it after only about five minutes consideration and I didn't feel guilty about it.

Here it is

 
The artist called her Kathryn, but I have rechristened her Sine which for some reason that I cannot fathom is my favourite female Gaelic name.
 
Son No 1 said she looked totally miserable and she does a bit look like the weight of the world is on her shoulders. But don't lots of girls feel like that when they're twelve and someone important to them has just demonstrated yet again how actually totally out of touch they are with how it feels to be twelve? She's misunderstood and it hurts.
 
Anyway I didn't buy her for that. I just loved her to the extent that I couldn't leave her in the gallery or indeed bear to think of her going home with someone else. It's not an experience I've ever truly had before ( not even for my Yoshi bags - and yes that's a plural and I am very aware that that means there are three Yoshi bags that never made it to the blog.... ) I assume that this is why I am still not feeling guilty despite the fact that she was Not Cheap.
 
It will however be a long time before we  go to Dunkeld again. We'd promised ourselves a visit for ages, and it was an attractive little town with a lovely river running through it. But there were far too many  other lovely things in that gallery; I don't think we can afford a return visit!

3 comments:

  1. Nice wallpaper in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful figurine - I used to be in a folk duo called Sine, because the girl who was the other half of it was studying Gaelic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Heather. You seem to make a speciality of knowing people who are learning Gaelic!
    She is beautiful, I stroke her briefly every day just for the contact.

    ReplyDelete