Tuesday 15 October 2013

We're Going to Glasgow!

 

I don't know why I'm quite so excited because we're not even going until almost the end of next month and Glasgow is a long way from being my favourite city in the world. Like Manchester, I always approach it with an open mind, reminding myself that it's a vibrant C19  sort of place and that I should love it. But somehow that never seems to help. I can't  quite work out where things are in relation to one another so that I spend my time feeling very lost and therefore slightly stressed. And while we are dwelling on down sides  both cities have more than their fair share of rain and pigeons.  The upside is that I have always found the people very friendly and helpful.
 
You may well wonder why, if I don't like the place, we are planning to go in the first place and the answer is that we're going for the Jack Vettriano exhibition . It's very nice of the OH to agree to go, since he is not a fan of Mr Vettriano's work, and I should think the prospect of looking at 100 of JV's paintings fills him with gloom.
 
I've also arranged to see my Ph D supervisor, and we had hoped to go to Scottish Opera's Don Giovanni at the same time. Sadly that proved a step too far, as in, it's not on in Glasgow in November, but the meeting will be useful and if it's also traumatic I expect a few hours looking at pictures will be soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment