Tuesday 8 October 2013

Life Is Not




Actually I shouldn't say that, because by and large I have a lovely life and I am appreciative of that fact. But there are still times, and today is one of them, when life seems determined to act like the handle of a rake I just stepped on and hit me right between the eyes.

I won't spread the misery, but I will ask why I pay for house insurance? And why, having seen exactly the wardrobe I want in Stromness, no-one in Kirkwall seems to stock it or be able to source it. And why Son no 2 is still struggling without a fridge freezer for his flat when the previous one died  nearly four weeks ago and the landlords had someone in who told them it couldn't be repaired. And why the library closes at 5.00 pm?
 
I am not in want (except for a 2 door, 3 drawer wardrobe in a finish other than pine) and I know that being born in the UK in the mid-20th century makes me  a lottery winner in the Game of Life. But some days all that small stuff that you're supposed not to sweat just gets me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment