Thursday 17 October 2013

Sister to the White Rabbit?



Oh my ears and whiskers! We're all rushing round like mad things this morning, spring cleaning the kitchen, the bathroom and all points in between. The reason for this is that we have a bathroom designer* coming round this afternoon and as he also designed the kitchen but never saw the finished article we're sort of assuming he might like to see that too. Hence the need to get them both sparkly clean.
 
It being a seemingly immutable law of the universe that bathroom cleaning is Wimmin's Work, that's what I've ben doing and I'm heartily sick of it I must say. This is a hangover from my teenage years, when I was made Bathroom Cleaner by my mother at the age of 14. I sort of feel I've done all the bathroom cleaning one woman can be expected to do in her lifetime, but this doesn't mean the universe sends someone else to do it sadly.
 
The worst job is cleaning the bath because  we never use it; not because we are unspeakably filthy but because we have showers rather than bathe and have a separate shower cubicle. Our bath has therefore become little more than a large and odd shaped dust collector.
 
This has led to a certain split of opinion in the household over the bathroom to be. My preference is for a large and luxurious shower and dispensing with a bath altogether. OH maintains that houses without baths are difficult to sell. My counter to that is - is that ever going to be our problem? We're not planning to leave. I think we may get the designer to come up with designs for both and then have the argument. If we end up with a bath though, it's going to be one of the whirlpool variety, that's a given!
 
* I say designer, but what I mean of course is a man from the local kitchen and bathroom place with a pile of brochures and a computer program.

No comments:

Post a Comment