Monday 14 October 2013

Biting off more than I can chew?

 
 
One of the reasons we stayed in Yorkshire for a week after the Dorothy Dunnett Gathering was so that the following weekend we - well I -  could attend a new wool show in Skipton called Yarndale. In the event it was a bit of a disappointment because it was very very crowded. In fact if we'd arrived about 20 minutes later I gather we would have been turned away. It was obviously a victim of its own success, which is sort of a good thing for the organisers, but no fun if you want to get near the stands and see stuff you might want to buy. I went prepared to spend loads and loads of money but in the event didn't.
 
I had however pre-ordered a jumper kit, and yes, that is it pictured above. I hasten to point out that is not my version being modelled by me (if only....!) It's the picture from the pattern. It has stranded colourwork and steeks and picot-ed facings and basting and all sorts and if I had seen the pattern before I had ordered it I would have turned tail and run for the hills. As so often I was seduced by the pattern picture and got a bit carried away....
 
On the upside, since we got home I have averaged a good half hour a day on it, which is what I'm aiming for so that I don't get bored or discouraged.  I've started with the centre panel and am about 2/3 of the way up the first red and white section. So I'm sort of OK with how it's progressing and I'm trying to concentrate on the knitting and not to freak out  too far in advance over the putting together.
 
In addition to this kit I got two lots of sock wool for myself, although they are far too nice to be used for socks, and two lots for OH which he chose and which will be used for socks, in fact one pair is quite far along already. And a pattern book for Drops yarn. And that was all!
 
It's not that I need any more yarn. But this would have been a great opportunity to buy yarn that I wanted. If I could have got close enough to see it.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment